This slow cooker/crock pot Chicken Cacciatore recipe is prepared with an added twist; sweet Italian sausage! This is a simple, easy to make one pot, delicious meal. You will actually need a frying pan to brown the sausage so, it's really a one pot one pan meal. But it's still delicious & easy to prepare! So enjoy!
- 3lbs of boneless, skinless, chicken thighs 1- In a frying pan, brown the sausage on all sides,
- 5 Italian sweet sausages remove from heat & allow to rest for 5 mins,
- 1 green bell pepper & then slice into 1 1/2" pieces.
- 1 red bell pepper 2- In crock pot, layer the chicken, tomatoes, peppers,
- 1 white onion onions & sausage twice & then add the sea salt,
- 1 clove of garlic pepper, garlic clove & the Italian seasoning.
- 2 cups of diced tomatoes 3- Cover & cook on high for 5 hours.
- 1 tsp each of Sea Salt & Pepper 4- Serve over angel hair pasta paired with Smoke Eater
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoning Pinot Grigio!
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
NOTE: Sometimes I add some white wine, such as Pinot Grigio, or mushrooms to the mix as well.
You can also, drizzle the mix with olive oil before cooking. Use your imagination to create your own version!
Smoke Eater has partnered as an affiliate with the companies whose products you will see offered on this website, which we cook with & use in our Kitchens & recipes & on the Television Show “Firehouse Kitchen”.
Every time you purchase one of these products through our website, a portion of all net proceeds is donated to various Firefighter, First Responder & other charities.
So, when you purchase our affiliate products through our website, food blog & SM sites, you are supporting those who are there for us every day.
And we thank you for your support! Smoke Eater Enterprises, LLC